Philippine Singles
Forum Home Forum Search FAQ Site Home Site Search Manage Mail Chat Room Sign-up Subscribe Help Contact
Register or...  
Upcoming Events

Upcoming FREE Dating Seminars

To Be Determined

You Are Not Registered Or Not Logged In
If you are not registered or logged in, you may still view these forums but with limited features. You can register by clicking here. If you have any questions, please check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).

Printable Version | Send to Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: TatianaMendel Subject: Anastasia Federal Lawsuit - Major SCAM
DavidStarkey

posted on 01-02-2004 at 17:17 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
Anastasia Federal Lawsuit - Major SCAM

We are looking for other men that feel they have been SCAMMED by the American company called Anastasia or Anastasiaweb. We are filing a Multi Plantiff Federal lawsuit against them for running what we believe to be the largest marriage SCAM in U.S. history. We are wanting to file this in Jan. 04 and there will be NO charge for the Attorney. You can call me direct if you have any information. Thanks, David Starkey 918-342-3648
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By DavidStarkey (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
joe

posted on 03-21-2004 at 16:36 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
How Anastasia is try to avoid law suites

Here is Anastasia solution to the bad reputation and law suites.
They are working under a new name and company. Fiance.com
Same scam different name.

They traffic is taking off on this site. Why the let AnastasiaWeb traffic die.
View User's Profile E-Mail User User's Site View All Replies By joe (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
Russian-Romance-Guide.com

posted on 01-16-2005 at 16:43 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
Fiance.com is OK . . .

Anastasiaweb.com and Fiance.com are operated by two different companies. However I would not say that the two sites do not have a relationship with each other since Fiance.com does promote Anastasiaweb.com's Romance Tours. You can see by the domain name registration information (listed below) that each site is operated by a different company and owner.

It is possible however that the same lady can be listed on both Fiance.com and Anastasiaweb.com so some overlap of profiles may exist. This may be what prompted Joe's claim in the first place. In my opinion, if you find a profile listed on several different sites then I would take caution with that particular lady as she may be promoted by her agency or herself for less than sincere motives. This is not to say she is automatically a scammer, I just advise taking caution.

For example the same lady is profiled on both sites:
http://www.fiance.com/agency.asp?main=page&id=25916
http://www.anastasiaweb.com/russian-brides/ads-099.htm

Notice however on Fiance.com that they have a profile attribute "Is this girl independent?" In this particular case the answer is No. I give credit to Fiance.com for disclosing this information in an upfront manner since this could be an indication of something less than desirable.

It is my opinion that Anastasiaweb.com and it various clone sites do suffer from a bad reputation in the market and are generally considered an unethical operation bordering on fraud. Most of the complaints about Anastasiaweb.com have to do with fake correspondence that subscribers must pay to read. Most users report posting a profile and being inundated with dozens, if not hundreds, of letters from beautiful Russian women expressing their interest in them. The man must pay to read each email message he reads from the women. Basically there is a profit motive for affiliated agencies to send bogus email messages to the men that have registered with the Anastasiaweb.com service. I think there is also a profit motive for the owner of Anastasiaweb.com to allow this to continue contrary to what Anastasiaweb.com claims in their PR literature. Apparently there is a lawsuit in the works that will set the record straight one way or another. As for me, I have chosen not to list or promote Anastasiaweb.com on my website because I do not wish to be associated with a company that has one of the worst reputations in the International Introduction Service industry.

Domain Name: ANASTASIAWEB.COM
Administrative Contact:
Elena Besuden, elena@russianbride.com
191 Broadway
Bangor, Maine 04401
United States
(207) 947-5861

Domain Name: FIANCE.COM
Administrative Contact
Oleg Nayandin oleg@eleview.com
Eleview International Inc.
7426 Alban Station Blvd, Suite B-208
Springfield, VA 22150 US
Phone 703-752-0559

I do recommend Fiance.com as a service that you can trust.
View User's Profile E-Mail User User's Site View All Replies By Russian-Romance-Guide.com (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
TatianaMendel

posted on 04-24-2008 at 23:28 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
My experience

I was a member of Anastasiaweb before and i can say that it helped me to find a husband abroad. In Ukraine i could not see my future and that`s why i came to this agency. As for me, i never scammed anybody
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By TatianaMendel (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
Printable Version | Send to Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites

Processed in 1.024 seconds, 11 queries

Philippine Singles Forum reserves the right to block, delete, or edit any and all posts. The Moderator has sole discretion on the content of this site. Anyone who posts accepts these terms, and waives any and all rights to bring any legal action against Philippine Singles Forum. If you disapprove of any of the above, do not use, read, or post in Philippine Singles Forum