Philippine Singles
Forum Home Forum Search FAQ Site Home Site Search Manage Mail Chat Room Sign-up Subscribe Help Contact
Register or...  
Upcoming Events

Upcoming FREE Dating Seminars

To Be Determined

You Are Not Registered Or Not Logged In
If you are not registered or logged in, you may still view these forums but with limited features. You can register by clicking here. If you have any questions, please check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).

Printable Version | Send to Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Parthena Subject: How to convince a husband you were a virgin
india

posted on 04-20-2007 at 20:49 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
How to convince a husband you were a virgin

Hi
I’m writing a story set in India. A newly married woman is accused by her husband of not being a virgin on her wedding night, since she had no hymen/didn’t bleed. How can she convince him she was?

It won’t work to show the husband the literature that a lack of hymen does not mean a loss of virginity since women can lose them in various other ways. Many Indian men take the presence of a hymen to be a foolproof indicator of virginity.

I’m open to any twist ending on this story. For the moment I have only the premise and I thought it would be interesting to see where it could go. I’d like to hear any suggestions as to how a woman in this position might convince her husband.

The story would probably be a comedy and I’m not interested in having an ending where the woman strikes a blow for women’s rights by walking out on her husband or anything like that. I’d prefer it to go that she finds some clever way to convince/deceive her husband. Whether she really was or wasn’t a virgin isn’t really the issue in this story; the idea is to show some clever way women in her position in India (there are quite a few like this) can handle being in this dilemma.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By india (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
tLakota

posted on 05-02-2007 at 23:01 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
Read Something

Read the Kama Sutra. Not a new version, but one with history and old tyme pictures. Not only do guys not expect blood, but the tightness of the vaginal walls before your first experience is ridiculously tight if you remember your first time. The stretching would be incredibly painful, and the chance that she would bleed anyway is pretty high from what I heard. Just use your imagination, you could make her experienced with other girls, as is common with many girls now and then. Or you can make up a background story of abuse, an accident, or have the guy go to a trusted elder or family member to voice his concerns. You can make your book a success, just keep your creative juices flowing. ;)
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By tLakota (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
defeces

posted on 06-03-2007 at 16:56 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
bad idea

She could use a prostetic made out of gack?
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By defeces (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
Parthena

posted on 12-21-2007 at 22:33 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
Indian story

The plot sounds fantastic. I think any sort of twist would work in a story like this. Before you look at the twist though, you need to sort out the timeframe of the story (for example, will it take weeks, months or years for her to prove it to him beyond a reasonable doubt?) and the relationships between the main characters (for instance, will she want to stay with a man like that, who does not know her heart well enough to believe her when she tells him she's a virgin and is too blind to see it for himself? And if she will, what is it about him that will persuade her to keep fighting?).

Once you have the motives and timeframe sorted out, the rest should come easier. Also, maybe it doesn't have to be a 'technical' type of proof of the girl's virginity; remember, that in those societies, community gossip plays a major role. Think of what other characters you could bring into the story to support the bride in her assertions and uphold her good name. The word of elders and wise people would hold great weight and you could make it be in the form of a dramatic confession/revelation about the girl's innocence. This would make a wonderful climax to the story.

Good luck and congratulations for attempting such a fascinating project about such a wonderful, exotic culture. All the best!
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By Parthena (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
Printable Version | Send to Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites

Processed in 0.017 seconds, 11 queries

Philippine Singles Forum reserves the right to block, delete, or edit any and all posts. The Moderator has sole discretion on the content of this site. Anyone who posts accepts these terms, and waives any and all rights to bring any legal action against Philippine Singles Forum. If you disapprove of any of the above, do not use, read, or post in Philippine Singles Forum